My 12 year old daughter, Martha, is making this at school next week for her summer practical exam. It’s super-easy and packed full of fruit so the end result is lovely and gooey.
NOTE: Martha’s recipe sheet confirmed a baking time of only 10-15 minutes, but we pretty much had to double that, probably because we used three times the amount of fruit than noted in the recipe! Mental note to myself: must not rely on Martha to tell me what ingredients are required!
160°C / Gas Mark 4
250g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
Choose ONE of the following:
150g fresh blueberries / 150g fresh respberries / 1 medium banana
1. Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
2. If you are using a banana, peel and chop into very small chunks.
3. Sieve flour and sugar into a large glass bowl.
4. Break the egg into a small glass bowl and mix with a fork.
5. Add the oil and milk to the small the small glass bowl and mix well.
6. Pour the liquid mixture into the large glass bowl and, using a tablespoon, stir in a figure of 8 until everything is mixed together.
3 x fruit = 3 x yummy!
7. Add the fruit and stir a few more times in a figure of 8.
8. Divide the mixture evenly between the cases by using a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and a teaspoon to knock it off into the cases.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and firm to the touch (double this time if you are using all 3 types of fruit)!
10. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Gooey or what?