This is the easiest snack I’ve ever put together. I had all the ingredients in my store cupboard already so all that I had to do was weigh out the ingredients.
Here’s what I used, but you can use whatever dried fruit you have in. Cranberries would be a good option or mango. You can also dip the finished bars in dark chocolate for an extra special treat.
250g Medjool dates, pitted (I used organic)
250g dried apricots, roughly chopped
100g flaked almonds
1. Place the flaked almonds in a small frying pan and toast for a couple of minutes, moving them around as they cook. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until the ingredients start forming balls.
3. Line an oven proof dish (I used a lasagne dish 10.5″ x 7″ or 27cm x 18cm) with baking paper. Spread the mixture out into the dish, and shape into a large rectangle.
4. Top with another piece of baking paper, and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
5. Cut into evenly shaped bars. Small bars are the best as this is quite rich (makes approximately 24 small, or 12 large!)
Use whatever dried fruit and nuts you have in your store cupboard.
This will make about 24 small bars, or 12 large.
Store in an airtight container with some baking (grease-proof) paper to stop them from sticking together. If they last that long!
The perfect afternoon snack!
Charming vintage style plate from a selection at Potty Parcels.