If you’re at a loss what to do with your chicken breasts (let’s face it, who doesn’t?) why not try this grub-tastic recipe using paleo guacamole? It’s super-easy and tastes delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- Guacamole (see recipe here – but only use half the ingredients as it makes loads!)
- 8 pieces of bacon (any type you like)
Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6
1. Slice the chicken breasts in half, lengthways, and open up like a book. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Spoon the guacamole evenly onto one side of the chicken and fold over. Wrap each chicken breast with a couple of slices of bacon. Secure with a wooden cocktail stick if necessary.
3. Place foil over a baking tray (or large ovenproof dish) and lay the chicken breasts on top.
4. Cook for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, and turn up the heat to full for the last 10 minutes in order to get the bacon nice and crispy.
Serve with organic salad leaves and/or sweet potato fries.
If you’ve got any guacamole left over, use that too!
Ooops! This was so grub-tastic, that I’d eaten most of it before remembering to take a photograph!