My family gave this dish 10/10 so I’m pretty confident you’re going to love it too! The sweet potatoes soak up so much flavour which contrasts beautifully with the peppery rocket leaves. It really is grub-tastic!
Serves 4. Prep time: 15 minutes. Cooking: 20 minutes.
2 large sweet potatoes (or 4 small)
rocket salad leaves (arugula) – approx 70g
dried chorizo sausage, thinly sliced – approx 225g
2 large spring onions (or 4 small)
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar (see below)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea or rock salt and freshly ground pepper
Traditionally made raw apple cider vinegar is unpasteurised, unfiltered, and full of nutrients. You can buy it online; the cheapest bottle I’ve found is from Amazon.co.uk (1kg bottle), but look around to see what you can find. A large bottle like that will last quite some time, and as there’s no “use by” date, it’s not a problem. Also, make sure you read the storage instructions on the label. ‘Devon Apple Cider Vinegar’ contains enzymes and good bacteria that are activated in natural daylight, although you can also store in a cool dark place. Simply shake the bottle before using.
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large lidded pan on low-medium heat. Add the sweet potato chunks in a single layer, allowing them to cook with the lid on, for about 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the potatoes with the rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Turn the potatoes over, and cook for a further 5 minutes, reducing the heat to low with the lid on.
4. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes until the juices start to melt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing, season to taste, and whisk together until emulsified.
6. In a large salad bowl, mix the rocket leaves, spring onions, and the sausage and sweet potato mixture.
7. Pour the dressing over the top and serve immediately.
Very few ingredients are required for this super-tasty dish!
The grub-tastic dressing contrasts beautifully with the peppery rocket salad.
Cook gently until the juices start to combine.
Drizzle the salad dressing over the top and serve immediately!
Plate from a selection at Potty Parcels.