Another paleo favourite! A succulent beef sirloin with spicy tomato sauce that packs a punch! This dish can be prepared the night before, and left in the fridge to marinate.
Serves 4. Prep: 20 minutes. Cooking: 15 minutes
4 beef sirloin medallions
2 large beef tomatoes
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp coconut amino
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp Tobasco sauce
2 fresh chilli peppers, finely chopped
Sea or rock salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, Tobasco sauce, lime juice, coconut amino, onion powder, chilli powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the beef and tomato sauce in a dish, making sure the beef is well covered in the tomato sauce.
3. Marinate the medallions for 2 to 4 hours in the fridge.
4. Preheat griddle to medium-high. Remove beef from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place the beef on the griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes, basting every minute or so with the remaining marinade.
5. Remove the medallions from the grill, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
6. Serve the medallions with finely chopped fresh chilli peppers, a crisp salad or baked sweet potato.
Place the beef and tomato sauce in a dish, making sure the beef is well covered in the tomato sauce. Marinate the medallions for at least 2 to 4 hours in the fridge, or overnight.
Place the beef on the griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes, basting every minute or so with the remaining marinade.
Serve with baked sweet potato and /or a nice crisp salad. Grub-tastic!