This simple meal offers a huge amount of flavour. The ingredients are fresh and zingy, perfect for summer, and it’s cooked in no time at all. In fact it’s the perfect mid-week meal for all the family.
Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 10 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
650g large prawns
4 medium courgettes, finely sliced or spirilized
1 tsp chilli flakes (add more if you like it extra spicy!)
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 bag rocket leaves
1 tbsp tomato puree
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Rock salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Zest the lemon and put to one side.
2. Add cooking oil to the large frying pan and add the chilli and garlic. As soon as the garlic turns golden, add the prawns and cherry tomatoes to the pan, and cook for a couple of minutes stirring continuously so the garlic doesn’t burn.
3. Add the tomato puree to the pan then squeeze in the juice of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the bag or rocket leaves and stir through until wilted.
5. Add the spirilized courgettes, stirring for a couple of minutes.
6. Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh parsley and lemon zest.
You can’t beat fresh ingredients!
Stir through the rocket leaves until wilted, then add the spirilized courgettes and serve immediately with a garnish of fresh parsley and lemon zest.